Friday, October 8, 2010

Alfred Dunhill Links Championship

So the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship at St. Andrews teed off yesterday. I'd never heard of the tournament, but supposedly it is a relatively big-time Pro-Amateur tournament that is televised, and everything. Anyway, today at around 9 in the morning I went down to check it out and the pictures below are of my adventure. Unfortunately I couldn't take too many pictures because, strictly speaking, spectators aren't allowed to bring cameras to the course (as I learned in the attached video...).

It was a great time. I got to see a couple big time golfing stars up close like Ernie Els, Rory McIlroy, Colin Montgomerie, Martin Kaymer, Retief Goosen, even John Daly.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words:



The TV coverage makes it look warmer than it is.

Stands for Sunday's final.

Rory McIlroy teeing off.

Colin Montgomerie putting from afar.

The St. Andrews Clubhouse right before the first tee.

Montgomerie.

Colin again.

You guessed it.

Martin Kaymer.




Don't cross St. Andrews security!

No comments:

Post a Comment